HP StorageWorks 1200r All-in-One Storage SystemHP Updated: 2009-02-25 RSS
Imagine a single solution for your business that provides optimized NAS file serving, shared iSCSI storage for application servers, and built-in data protection capabilities. Now imagine that you don't need to be a storage expert to use it.
HP StorageWorks All-in-One Storage Systems are radically simple, integrated, and affordable solutions that enable you to manage, grow, and protect data in small- and medium-sized office environments. Designed to be deployed and managed by IT generalists, they deliver everything you need to decrease the costs of rapid data growth. The revolutionary All-in-One Storage Manager (ASM) interface automates storage tasks, masks complexity, and presents capacity in familiar application-centric terms. IT generalists can look like storage experts with tools to set up shared folders, iSCSI Target application storage, and backup/replication.
The AiO1200r is a high-density 2U rack-mount and easily expandable platform supporting both SATA and SAS drives.
* A high-capacity and high-performance 5.4TB SAS model (AK223A) featuring twelve 450GB SAS HDDs
Features and Benefits
* Multi-protocol file serving: Compatible with a wide range of heterogeneous file serving environments and optimized for up to 20% faster file serving performance than a Windows Server 2003 R2 installation
* Application-centric storage management: Hides block storage complexity and allows for management, growth, and protection at the application level (Exchange, SQL, data protection, etc.)
* Intelligent automation: Tight integration with Microsoft Exchange (2003/2007) and SQL Server (2000/2005/2008) enables 'best practice' storage setup and data migration in less than 10 mouse clicks.
* Seamless interface: Do more in less time. Manage capacity, security, quotas, alerts, data protection, replication, and more in a single graphical dashboard with point & click simplicity
* Server-independent storage: Capacity can be allocated, shared, and used by multiple servers all over TCP/IP networks. This lowers costs and improves efficiency
* Flexible growth: Take control of the insatiable demand for storage and gain the flexibility to adapt as needs change. Easily expand data areas without disrupting servers or users
* Industry standard building blocks: HP ProLiant hardware enables long-term investment protection and exclusive features like Lights-out remote management. The Windows-powered O/S integrates natively into your Active Directory and DFS environments and runs your favorite antivirus, backup, and storage management applications.
* Capacity and scalability in a 2U rack platform: This high storage density, performance-optimized, and easily expandable solution is built on the HP ProLiant DL185 G5 Storage Server and supports up to 12 SAS or SATA hard drives.
* Built in data protection with no backup window: Application-aware snapshots (up to 512), backup, replication, and redundant hardware ensure data is safe and secure.
* HP reliability and the HP partner network: A name you can trust along with HP's 145,000 partners to provide local assistance and valuable expertise – when and where you need it
* Automatic problem notification: Be notified automatically of pending problems or actual issues, via e-mail or page. Monitor capacity and set alerts to manage growth
Quick Start Instructions
HP StorageWorks 9100 Extreme Data Storage System
HP ProLiant High Availability Storage Server
HP MSA30 MI Modular Smart Array 30 Multi-Initiator
HP StorageWorks 4400 Enterprise Virtual Array
HP GM415AA 160GB Pocket Media Drive
HP KC783AA 250GB Pocket Media Drive
HP FJ460AA 320GB Pocket Media Drive
HP RF863AA 500GB Personal Media Drive
HP GM414AA 750GB Personal Media Drive
HP KT315AA 1TB Personal Media Drive HD10000s
HP NC785AA 500GB Pocket Media Drive
HP Media Vault mv2120 GX662AA